No time to cook or prep? No problem! Simply layer the ingredients in the jar, cover with almond milk and store in the fridge. The red juicy cherries add just the right amount of flavor and sweetness to the recipe. Fiber and protein from the oats mean that you will feel full for hours and the chia seeds provide healthy omega-3. Grab a jar as you head off to work in the morning, or to be ready for the weekend camping trip. Don’t forget your spoon!
- 6 tablespoons Rolled Oats
- 3 teaspoons Chia Seeds
- 15-20 each Frozen Organic Sweet Red Cherries
- 1 dash Cinnamon
- Vanilla Almond Milk (or your favorite milk)
The recipe makes one 16-ounce wide mouth jar (pint).
- Place 2 tablespoons of rolled oats in the bottom of the jar. Next, sprinkle 1 teaspoon of chia seeds over the oats. Then place 4-5 sweet cherries on top of the chia seeds.
- Repeat the layers two more times for a total of three layers. The jar will be a little less than 1/2 full.
- Fill the jar with the vanilla Almond milk but leave about an 1″ of space at the top of the jar. You may have to tap the jar a bit to make sure the almond milk gets down to the bottom.
- Sprinkle a dash of cinnamon on top.
- Cover the jar with a lid and refrigerate overnight.
Grab a spoon, your cherry pie jar and run out the door!