By Active Wellness Director of Wellness Karah Erhardt
Soups are a great way to get creative and experiment with different foods, flavors and spices without always having to use exact measurements. It is also a great way to sneak in lots of vegetables and we promise your pickiest of taste testers will never know!
- ¼–½ lb bacon, chopped
- 2–4 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 leek, greens trimmed and chopped
- 1 large head of cauliflower, chopped
- 4-5 cups of potatoes, chopped
- 1 can of coconut milk (full or reduced-fat)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a stockpot over medium heat, cook chopped bacon to preferred crispiness. Remove bacon bits and set aside (I like to put my bacon in paper towels to remove excess fat and make them extra crispy for toppings)
- Using the hot bacon fat, add minced garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add in onions and leeks and cook until translucent,
- Add cauliflower and potatoes and cook for about 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour water over the vegetables until almost covered.
- Cover pot and cook over medium heat until vegetables are soft, about 45–60 minutes
- Pour in can of coconut milk & use an immersion blender to mix all together.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour into bowls and top with bacon!