Source: Amanda Hershberg, CPT | Body Fit Fusion
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this seasonal treat, made with plant-based ingredients to fuel your active life. Find more recipes by Active Wellness team members Amanda Hershberg, CPT on her blog here.
2 lbs fresh strawberries or other fruit can be used
1 cup raw cashews (soak in water for 24 hours)
2 tablespoons Maple Syrup
Lemon juice from small lemon or 1/2 of medium-large lemon
2 1/2 tablespoons plant based milk
1⁄4 cup toasted almond flour pre-toasted in a 350ª oven for 3-5 minutes
- Soak one cup of raw cashews in water for at least 24 hours (keep in the fridge).
- Drain the water and place the nuts in your food processor. Add 1 1/2 tablespoons of pure organic maple syrup, the juice of lemon, and add one tablespoon of the plant milk.
- Continue to add the plant milk a little at a time until the desired consistency is reached. Blend until smooth.
- Transfer the “Cheez” cake dip to a serving dish and sprinkle with toasted almond flour.
- Allow dip to rest in the refrigerator for an hour before serving.
- Dip fresh strawberries or the fruit of your choice into the “Cheez” cake dip. Enjoy!