Source: St Joseph Health
A celebration of seasonal produce, this savory summer salad makes the perfect side to your barbecue or picnic lunch. Find more healthy meal ideas from St. Joseph Health here.
- 3 nectarines, chopped
- 1/2 lb. fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup pitted ripe olives (optional)
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1 8-oz can artichoke hearts
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. tarragon, crumbled
- 1/2 tsp. thyme
- In a large bowl, combine nectarines, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, olives, and green onions.
- Drain and save liquid from the artichokes. Add the artichokes to the salad.
- Combine reserved liquid with remaining ingredients in a jar. Shake well and pour over the salad.
- Serve immediately or chill in the refrigerator for two hours for the best flavor.
Makes 6 servings • Serving Size: 1 cup
Each serving provides 80 calories • 3 g total fat (0 g saturated fat) • 0 mg cholesterol • 100 mg sodium• 13 g total carbohydrate• 2 g dietary fiber• 7 g sugar • 3 g protein.
*Recipe used with written permission from St. Joseph Health, our partner in health.