Curb your craving with this healthier Fried Chicken and Fries recipe. Air Fryers work by circulating hot air around the food to produce a crunchy, crispy exterior. Without completely submerging food in oil, you can have a low calorie and fat content meal with a similar taste and texture of your favorite fried foods. The Air Fryer usually requires a little oil to enjoy a guilt-free treat meal!
If you try this recipe let us know how you liked it!
For the Chicken
- 3 Large Chicken Breast
- Siete Grain-Free Sea Salt Chips
- 1 Tsp Onion Salt
- 1 Tsp Garlic Salt
- 4 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast (or parmesan cheese)
- Salt + Pepper to taste
- Preheat the air fryer to 400ºF.
- Place eggs in a large bowl and stir. Cut chicken into nuggets or strips. Gently toss chicken in eggs and place in fridge while prepping other ingredients.
- Add all dry ingredients to a food processor to create the batter (“bread crumb” texture).
- Add batter to a bowl and gently toss each piece of chicken until coated.
- Arrange the chicken on the bottom of your air fryer basket, single layer.
- Cook chicken for 20-25 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Serve and enjoy!
For the Fries
- Yukon Gold Potatoes
- Sweet Potatoes, scrubbed
- 1-2 Tbsp Oil (coconut or olive oil)
- Season to taste
- Preheat air fryer to 375ºF.
- Peel and slice potatoes. Place in a bowl of warm water and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Drain potatoes then drizzle oil and seasonings on top. Toss fries until coated evenly. Place fry slices on the bottom of the air fryer basket, in a single layer. The more separated the potatoes, the crispier they will be.
- Cook fries at 375ºF for 16 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Immediately add additional salt and pepper if desired. Serve and enjoy!