We’ve all heard about the ways to fight disease; from eating heart healthy to knowing your family history. These facts are everywhere and not adhering to them can be deadly. Even with these sobering outcomes, one in three people in the U.S. remain within an obese weight range. Taking small steps can make a big impact. With World Heart Health Day approaching on September 29th, 2016 there’s never been a better time to start!
Try these 5 easy ways to increase your heart health:
1. Fill Up On Fruits & Vegetables Make your plate 1/2 veggies each meal.
2. Load Up On Vitamin C 500mg of Vitamin C has shown to lower blood pressure.
3. Look On The Bright Side Optimistic people were 50% less likely to suffer heart attack or stroke.
4. Use Your Resources Use your library, computer, fitness professional, etc. to make keeping a healthy heart fun.
5. Schedule Screenings Make blood pressure, cholesterol, and diabetes screenings part of your healthy heart routine.
By Karah Weldy
Active Wellness Senior Manager