This recipe is sure to be a real crowd pleaser with tangy green enchilada sauce. We opted for hatch chile tortillas for an extra punch of flavor.
Source: Vincent Merritt, Active Wellness
- 2 pounds raw chicken thigh meat
- 1 medium sized can diced tomatoes
- 1 yellow onions
- 1 cup salsa
- Raw 6 inch corn tortillas
- 1 pound cheddar jack shredded cheese mixture
- 1 medium sized can green enchilada sauce
- 1 bunch green onions
- 1 small can sliced black olives
- 1 fresh tomato diced
- Rough chop yellow onions combine with chicken and diced tomatoes cover with water and simmer until chicken shreds easily with wire whip.
- Drain liquid. Shred the chicken with wire whip.
- Add salt pepper and granulated garlic to taste.
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Add salsa, 2/3 of the cheese, and a splash of the enchilada sauce. Mix.
- Lightly fry the tortillas in oil until soft. Place the chicken mixture in tortillas and roll into enchiladas.
- Cover the bottom of a casserole with enchilada sauce. Place enchiladas on top and cover them with sauce.
- Bake at 350º until they are bubbling. Sprinkle the rest of cheese on top. Bake another 5 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and rest for 10 minutes.
- Serve with a garnish of green onion, fresh diced tomato, sliced olives, and a dollop of sour cream.